Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Blogging My Novel: Week 20

Check list for the SCBWI Conference in Bologna:

  1. Name Tag
  2. Copies of published work (5)
  3. Favourite pens (2)
  4. Favourite notebook
  5. Copy of all works in progress (3)
  6. Business Cards (24)
  7. Critiquing partner's novel.
  8. Personal copy of all submitted materials.
  9. Expository material for Sunday workshop.
  10. Site map, schedule, and faculty bios.
I woke up before six this morning composing this list. Excited, am I?

While I've participated in almost two dozen writing workshops over the last three-and-a-half years, not one has focused on writing for children. I'm particularly nervous about my manuscript review by one of the faculty members on Sunday morning. I've imagined both the best and worst case scenarios: in the former, I'm told my novel is distinctly salable and am invited to submit the complete manuscript for consideration; in the latter, I'm told to save trees and stick to blogging. Regardless, expect a full account of this little life drama when I get back. Until then--

Arrive'derci!

No comments:

Post a Comment