Saturday, January 7, 2012

Teacher at Work

This was my five minutes of fame last year: front page of the Peoria Journal Star, a photo taken as I novice taught at Quest Charter Academy. (Notice the granny glasses that I still wasn't in the habit of wearing except as a headband.) The article related the school's successes in its previous (and first) academic year. My fabulously engaging lesson plan was woefully overlooked. I left Quest at the end of December grudgingly, having fully enjoyed the experience of being a 5th and 6th grade science teacher, if only for a few hours a day. Who knows...I may be back there someday. For now, I need to prepare to teach fourth grade at Thomas Jefferson Primary School, a few blocks away. I start January 18th. Wish me luck!

Quest Charter Academy student Aniya Bailey listens to suggestions Friday from Bradley University student teacher Melissa Miller during 5th grade science class. The students were studying taxonomy, or the scientific classification, of different species.

Apparently they re-ran the photo on the first of January as part of an article called "Journal Star Best Stories of 2011." I guess I've had my fame for 2012 already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment