Friday, September 21, 2007

Growing Pains

I would surmise that the theme of the week has been jet lag. One cannot travel 8000 miles in the space of 3 days without expecting to pay the toll. Self-inflicted, I know. No pity required.

The primary sub-plot has been Mighty Mouse withdrawal. My 4-year-old has started the Swiss equivalent of junior kindergarten and loves it. Given that she has an older sister who attends grade 1 all day, when presented with the option of attending full or half days herself, guess what she chose... Well, it wasn't me.

What did I expect--that the same 4-year-old who gave a sex education class to the tail end of a Boeing 767 would want to hang out with her mum every afternoon and do groceries? Not likely. But, still, it has been a change. And me, I am left with the sinking weight of the question, 'What now?' I suppose I am due an adjustment period. I only thought it would feel better than this.

So, with no further ado, I shall write and mourn and write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment