Thursday, September 13, 2007

Here we go...

In a few short minutes I will click on Publish Post and officially enter the realm of blogger. I guess that is one way to get published.

Yes, I am a writer. I've even been published on paper, a feat I consider remarkable seeing as I've been at this part-time for just over three years. Where, you ask? Appleseeds and Offshoots 9. My qualifications? I'm literate. So is my 6-year-old.

So why blog? To get my sorry butt back in the chair. After a summer of virtually no writing, I am having one devil of a time getting back in the groove. I suppose part of the problem is that I'd like to revise my sorry excuse for a novel. It is a disaster. Really. And the little finger of my right hand has an annoying habit of deleting everything I write every 30 seconds or so. See, there it goes again!

So I suppose I am seeking some recognition, a gesture that certainly doesn't get sent my way too often as a writer and mother of two. Considering most blogs never get read, I assume this may be synonymous with patting my own back. That will have to do for now. Ahh! Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment