Friday, July 4, 2008

Blogging My Novel: Draft 5 Complete!

First of all, thanks so much to all of you who cheered me on. It's been a rather intense week. I'm not used to spending so much time just me and the old laptop. I can hardly believe it's done--even chapter 14, which was a complete nightmare. I've written a children's novel. Whoopee!!!

Now what?

It's time to send it off to my SCBWI critiquing partner. She'll give it a once over before I zip off copies to the agents who seemed to like it so much back in the spring.

Eek. I can almost smell the rejections already.

Draft Five Total: 26 hours

Friday, July 4 - 3.5 hours
Thursday, July 3 - 3h
Wednesday, July 2 - 4h
Tuesday, July 1 - 3.5h
Monday, June 30 - 2.5h
Thursday, June 26 - 1.5h
Tuesday, June 24 - 1.5h
Monday, June 23 - 1h
Friday, June 20 - 1.5h
Thursday, June 19 - 2h
Monday, June 16 - 2h

2 comments:

  1. Love the dance girl. Congrats on finishing i knew you could do it. I'm sure this is just the start of many more to come. Now sit back and wait for all the offers to come in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations. Hey, you're doing quite well...you have a *fifth* draft and agents like it already. You're all set.

    ReplyDelete