Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Proud Mama


Evelyn graduated from elementary school today having earned the President's Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence. This requires that she have maintained an A- average in 4th and 5th grade and to have scored in the Exceeds range on the state standardized tests for Math, Language Arts and Science.
Madelaine earned her very first Presidential Physical Fitness Award. There are five tests that the kids have to complete. To get the Presidential award, you have to score above the 85 percentile in all five tests. Amazing! I only got it for the first time in 7th grade and I think it was because the wind was at my back.
Enough bragging.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both girls, but they can't be the children I knew...they are much too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Evelyn & Madelaine! I just love the proud smiles which you display along with your awards. Enjoy Hawaii and I look forward to reading your journals when I next see you.
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete