Monday, March 16, 2009

The Trouble With Having Friends Who Write Well...

...is that they're so damn good they can make you cry in twenty words or less.  

In honour of my imminent departure, my writing friends wrote me a book. In it they speak about the books that influenced them as they grew up, books that shaped their view of the world and themselves. They also mention some pretty nice things about Yours Truly. I'm slowly making my way through it, though it's taking a lot of tissues.  These people are pros and mercy is not in the cards.

It just goes to show that writers will do almost anything to see their names in print. 
Thanks a million everyone. 

Sniff!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really nice gift. I bet your really busy with all the last minute errands before your departure. My boys are enjoying march break, so my parents are here giving me a helping hand. Tomorrow I'm going for ultra sound #3 I'll be sure to post the pic if i get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I can't wait to read that book. I'll have tissue at the ready.

    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete