Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dogs!


Adorable. Sweet. Loving. Loyal. Dogs are all these things, particularly my own dynamic duo. And yet, there are moments when they take the time to wake us humans from our love-induced anthropomorphic haze. Honey prefers to roll on dead animals and eat the droppings of other species. Maya, on the other hand, has taken things to a whole new level: she eats her own poo. Honestly, if she were flexible enough, we might never have to pick up after her. In fact, she's so efficient at her personal poop-and-scarf routine that it is often only her breath that gives it away. Sweet, it is not.

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee, gorgeous girls! Murph did the same thing when she was a puppy - um gross! But a quick visit to the vet who provided me with some supplement that was apparently lacking in her diet solved the problem. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have considered changing her food, but a supplement would be just as easy. I mentioned the phenomenon to the vet who seemed to think it was perfectly normal. Normal it may be, but endearing it is not. Thank goodness for search engines. I'll be trawling for supplement suggestions asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my she is so little compared to Honey you really have your hands full this time rather then me. Love it is your turn. Not sure if you got my email but after I sent it we all headed out in the van this afternoon and I thought what was i thinking not sure my van could get me very far it's so old. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my German Shepherds did the same thing. Strange sense of gourmet these dogs.

    ReplyDelete