Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blogging My Novel: The Long Wait

It's been over a week since I submitted my latest draft for consideration and the wait has only just begun. The hardest part about any wait is not knowing when it will end. To mitigate this pointless anxiety, I keep a record of my communications with a spread sheet. This allows me, at a glance, to know to whom I've submitted what, when I've sent it, and what their response was--if any. Here's a nearly illegible glimpse of my 2006 record: 

It was a rough, yet reasonably successful first year: thirty-two ego-wracking rejections and three publications. 
Based on past communications with this agency, I don't expect a response on my current submission for another two weeks. Of course, that won't stop me from checking my inbox multiple times a day. I'd keep my fingers crossed if it didn't make typing impossible. Wish me luck... and patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment