Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Mighty Mom's First Blog-iversary

A year ago I started this blog with the sole intent of getting "my sorry butt back in the chair." It had been a long, hot summer of nearly full-time parenting. Complete sentences were a vague memory, fragmented into near oblivion by the incessant responsibilities, interruptions and joys of normal, every day motherhood. Emma the Brave was back at school, only this time with Mighty Mouse in tow. Suddenly I had time to write and seemingly nothing to say. My own faulty logic led me to Blogger and the rest, as they say, is in the archive.

I honestly believed no one would read what I wrote. I was 4,490 visitors wrong. The single most popular post is the one of me sexing the hamster pups. (I can't help but wonder what people are expecting to see when their Google search leads them here.) The next most popular entries are my book reviews, particularly the non-fiction titles on dyslexia. But what is most surprising is the number of people who just keep reading regardless of what I'm babbling on about. To all of you, I want to say thanks. With print publication so elusive, this writer appreciates every last page load.

So what new adventures will the coming year bring? I haven't a clue. I can assure you there will be no more hamster havoc. As much as I came to love Peanut, it is my definitive opinion that hamsters were never meant to be pets. Friendly wild creatures, yes. Our apple seed days have ended, too, with the last seedling going to the great orchard in the sky this week. As for Life à la Suisse, it will continue, though I fear our fondue days are numbered. And where will the great corporate merry-go-round take us next? Good question. One thing for certain is that life will keep dishing out more blog fodder than I know what to do with and I'll be serving it up here, one post at a time.

Wishing you all a blog-worthy day,

Melissa Miller
aka Mighty Mom

7 comments:

  1. "our fondue days are numbered."

    Okay, does this say what I think it's saying? Nooooo....say it ain't so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...I almost forgot. Happy anniversary. Thanks for the great blog and the awesome writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the rest, they say is in the archive." Ha ha.

    Forgot to tell you you were on WRS again on Sunday. They love your blog, have you linked to them yet.

    Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog-iversary!! I love all your posts and probably read them all multiple times. Thanks for introducing me to blogging i'm hooked now too and I'm not even a writer perhaps my reason for posting so many pictures.

    So what is WRS? whatever it is they have good taste don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! WRS is the local English radio station. I recruited their garden guru for help with the seedlings and successfully developed a fan if not an apple tree.
    I'm not sure if I can link to their site. Their blog page doesn't appear to be functioning when I've tried to view it. Ah... At least I had my 60 seconds of fame. Too bad I missed it...AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog-iversary Mighty Mom, you are an inspiration to the rest of us lowly bloggers of life. The numbered days part sucks though! Well, it could be "Life a la Rochester, NY", "Life a la Brisbane, Australia", "Life a la Phuket, Thailand". One thing for sure, your take on it will always be worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary - what a great job you did in every way. But the 'fondue days are numbered' comment is leaving me with a horrible feeling in my stomach and it ain't from the cheese!
    Tima

    ReplyDelete