Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I had a diet cola around noon today and nearly eleven hours later I'm still wired. What is that? I had a cappuccino last night that I'd bet my life was not the decaf I'd ordered and I still fell asleep watching The Golden Compass. Maybe it was the movie. As I'm unwilling to pay another 17 Swiss franc to get some shut-eye, I'll take it out on you.

It being the season of resolutions, I thought I'd share a few of my own:

  1. To complete one triathlon in 2008. (I'd like to promise more but my physiotherapist has advised me against it.)
  2. To complete Draft 4 of 'the novel' plus a synopsis and then let the poor thing rest for a few months.
  3. To volunteer three months at a nearby school to determine if teaching is really my calling. Writing is great, but it's awfully isolating.
  4. To publish one fictional short story to my blog on the 15th of every month. (I am not above writing stories about talking animals, so take this as both an invitation and a warning.)
  5. To write a review of all the books that make it onto my 2008 Reading List. I've just started The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. If this caffeine high keeps up, I may have my first one for you tomorrow.
That will have to do for now. I think I need to do some yoga or something. Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment