Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baring My Bookshelves

In honour of my new bookshelf--assembled by your's truly, I might add--I thought I'd share this little window into my psyche.

Books on Writing
While I love to buy them, I have a devil of a time getting around to reading them. My latest acquisition, One Year to a Writing Life , is the latest from Susan Tiberghien, the primary workshop leader of the Geneva Writers' Group. Her book is as fabulous as she is, only smaller.


Books on Parenting
They've saved my life and, I hazard to say, my children's as well. The books by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish have been particularly useful. As you can see, I've paired them with my Calvin and Hobbes collection to remind me that raising kids requires a healthy sense of humour. After all, I could be raising Calvin.


Books on Cooking
My all-time favourite cookbooks are Looneyspoons, Crazy Plates, and Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry by the Podleski Sisters. Not only are the recipes family friendly, but they also adhere to the Canada Food Guide. They're also self-published! I've recently been gifted the two latest Jamie Oliver books. Now that I've adjusted to his 'knob-of-this and glug-of-that' measurement system, I quite like it. If only my kids did...


Books from a Former Life
It's hard to believe I used to know all this stuff.


So there you have it. Now what does it all mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment