Friday, May 8, 2009

Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle en Vogue


Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I'm not the most fashionable person.  The last copy of Vogue I bought was in in the early 90's and even the Captain prefers when I shop for clothes with friends who have a better eye for style than I do. That said, I have to admit this handbag hits all the right buttons in my book: it's small, stylish, completely recyclable and mine.

A good friend of mine has the exclusive Swiss importation rights to these bags (in various styles and sizes) and, for a short time only, they are available at Globus in downtown Geneva. If sales are good, they may soon be found in Globus and Bon Genie across Switzerland. These bags, made in Brazil, are an immediate conversation piece and as easy on the eye as they are on the conscience.  She also carries bags woven from plasticized map and label misprints. A personal favourite of mine is the London Tubes shoulder bag. Waste not, want not, as they say. 

So, if you're looking for a new accessory and are game for a little attention, head to Globus on the rue de Marché. It will make her day and, perhaps for this mother of four, a new career. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I forgot to ask you when we spoke earlier today - what material was woven to make your bag?

    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete