It doesn't take much to make me feel guilty. Given that I'm living in the the drive-thru-buy-now-pay-whenever capital of the world, temptation lurks 24/7. What am I working so hard to resist, you ask? Here's my top 10:
- Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream (It's half the price it was in Geneva. That means I can eat twice as much, right?)
- Champagne (my Kroger carries Krug!!!)
- Espresso in all it's milky variations
- Coke Zero
- Ranch-flavored Doritos (I used have to cross-border shop for these babies. Mmm...)
- Twizzlers (the 1lb economy size is the best deal, no?)
- a Harvey's hamburger with mustard, tomato, onion and pickle with a side of onion rings (only in Canada, eh! What's a 10 hour drive when you're hungry for a burger?)
- Kraft Dinner (i.e. macaroni and cheese. Read more about my obsession here.)
- Glossette Raisins (similar to American Raisinettes, only better)
- Dairy Queen Soft Serve, hold the dip
How can DQ and Champagne end up on the same list? Bloody good question. Perhaps I'm mistaken. A taste test should put this issue to bed. It's just gone 9pm but I'd be willing to bet both DQ and the grocery store are open. If not, I could always go to Home Depot or Walmart. They're open 24 hours and, last I checked, there's a Starbucks in the latter.
Sorry, gotta go. A tall cappuccino awaits... and Twizzlers.